Sunday, October 27, 2019

XXVII: Name

My scar has become minor enough that it no longer hinders me from moving. I feared for Harper and Samuel, but they assured me that they would come to no harm if they traveled with me once more in hopes of escaping the Forest.

As we walked, I discussed with Harper and Samuel the nature of my name and its status as a placeholder of sorts. Samuel suggested several names- Avery, Alex, Max, and so on- but I rejected each of them, largely on account of the simple fact that none of them felt quite right. Harper did not make any suggestions, but I could tell that she was thinking through things. I did not want to interrupt her.

As to more pertinent news, I may be speaking too soon, but I have yet to come across the star-marked tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment